Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I went through all the haystack recipes on zaar and did not see these. They are a little different as they don't use the chow mein noodles. They are easy and too good to leave off. I want to try these with dry roasted peanuts and maybe butter instead of the peanut butter just for a change,there is something about the sweet and salty that makes you keep eating them. This too came out of my Texas cookbook. I don't remember how many these make so I took a wild guess.
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) cans potato sticks
- Melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in saucepan.
- Stir in pecans and potato sticks.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto waxed paper.
- Let cool.
- Store in covered container.
I made these today for our Christmas candy. I didn't have the butterscotch chips or the pecans but made them anyway. I prefer these over the haystacks with the chow mein noodles. Your recipe is MUCH better in my opinion. I melted the chocolate in the crockpot on low and then dumped in the potato sticks and dropped them by spoonfuls to cool. They turned out perfect, crunchy, sweet and salty!! Yummy!