Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was taught to me years ago by a chef who prepared meals for my boss. There are no strict measurements for the ingredients, but the outcome is wonderful and addictive; especially, if you like a strong garlic flavor and taste. I always get rave reviews and when people ask for the recipe -- they are very surprised that the recipe is so simple to make.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) bag almonds (whole or sliced)
- garlic powder
- Poach chicken breasts in pineapple juice with plenty of lemon pepper seasoning until cooked through and the poaching liquid has thickened into a partial glaze. Discard the poaching liquid and allow the chicken to cool.
- Run the chicken breasts through a food processor until crumbly and then pour into a large bowl. Run almonds through the food processor until coarsely or finely chopped. Add almonds to chicken. Now add garlic powder to the mix -- the more the better (start with a tablespoon and work your way up). Do not be afraid that you will overpower the chicken salad as the garlic powder is what makes the dish so addictive. Add mayo to desired consistency.
- Serve chicken salad with croissants, toasted french bread slices or a bread of your choice.
Made half the recipe. Great combination for excellent flavor. Made with lowfat Mayo and slivered almonds. Nice crunch. Thanks for sharing a keeper Nancy. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.