Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is different (and delicious) because it is oil and vinegar based. The blue cheese is blended until smooth, so there is blue cheese flavor in every drop of dressing.
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in blender; blend until smooth.
- Add olive oil and blend until creamy and combined.
- Transfer to serving container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir before serving, and serve over your favorite salad greens.
This was definitely as the title describes...a different blue cheese dressing. It was viniagrette; but a bit too tart for my liking. I plan on adding splenda and mayo to the remaining dressing to see if I can tweek it just a bit to suit or taste. The concept is good; used it over a wedge salad.
Very good and easy dressing. It was a bit too sour forme, so I added 1 packet of Splenda and 1/4 c Lite Mayo. Now it's perfect for our taste buds. Thanks for sharing. Koechin/Chef
This recipe was excellent!!! Fast and easy to make. Had it on a salad obviously but my kids and I couldn't stop sopping it up with italian bread. Thanks for my new favorite blue cheese dressing!!!