Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Very interesting flavor and easy to my add 1/4 cup ripe sliced olives as a garnish on top of the beans just before serving. Cut the recipe in half to serve 2 persons. I used cottage cheese instead of sour cream on top & Chives as garnish. It is a bit juicy after you add the salsa so cook on low for a few minutes. I served the beans with BBQ Steak & Corn on the cob
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 cup medium-hot chunky salsa
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup whipped cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Heat the beans, add salsa& cumin.
- Stir occasionally until heated through, remove from heat and stir in the orange juice.
- Place on serving plates add a good dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with green onions- enjoy.