Recipe by ~Bekah~
Light and versatile chicken salad for summer!
Top Review by newspapergal
I'm so glad ms bold made & reviewed this, or I doubt I'd have made it. I usually stay away from chicken salad b/c of the mayo-y factor, but I liked this idea b/c of the sour cream-based dip. Like ms bold, I made my own dip (low-fat sour cream, chopped cooked bacon, garlic powder, red pepper). I only added 2 chopped green onions, and that was plenty for me. I used deli-roasted chicken. I forgot avocado at the store, so DH & I ate it on a bed of lettuce leaves. It's *really* a good & flavorful dish. I think it was better the next day. Would be great in a pita too.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream bacon dip (the kind for potato chips - I just use my grocery store brand)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, pitted,peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the chicken, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream dip.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken salad over avocado slices and serve.
- This is also great with some walnuts or sliced green/red grapes thrown in.
- Tastes wonderful spooned into a pita bread or rolled up in a wrap too!