Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in the March/2007 Gourmet Magazine. I plan on trying it very soon. Posted for safe keeping--
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled frozen edamame
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook edamame uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Heat oil in a small heavy skillet over moderately low heat until hot but not smoking, then cook cumin, stirring until fragrant and a shade darker, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into large heatproof bowl.
- Add edamame and remaining ingredients to cumin oil and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.