katie in the UP's Note:
I found this recipe in the March/2007 Gourmet Magazine. I plan on trying it very soon. Posted for safe keeping--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen edamame
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cook edamame uncovered for 4 minutes.
- 2Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- 3Heat oil in a small heavy skillet over moderately low heat until hot but not smoking, then cook cumin, stirring until fragrant and a shade darker, about 30 seconds.
- 4Pour into large heatproof bowl.
- 5Add edamame and remaining ingredients to cumin oil and toss to coat.
- 6Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Different 3 Bean Salad!
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 832.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 18.4 g