Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this recipe while on a diet, but the rest of the family didn't mind eating it! A comfort food for chilly days. This would work as a lunch or dinner. FoodMover exchange: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1 protein, 1 dairy, 2 vegetables
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, preferably whole grain
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Wash, slice, and cook vegetables, steam is recommended.
- Heat soup as directed on package, use water rather than milk.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. When pasta is almost done, just a little too chewy, add soup, veggies, and tuna. You can substitute 1/4 c chicken or ham for the tuna. Simmer over medium-low heat until pasta is done.
- Season with garlic powder and pepper to taste.
- Top servings with cheese.