Recipe by hellokitty
The blend of low-fat ricotta cheese and fat free cream cheese makes this a low-fat and lower calorie dessert alternative, with only 142 calories per serving.
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat graham cracker, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely shredded
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the crushed graham crackers and melted margarine or butter until crackers are moistened. Press mixture onto bottom of a 9inch pie pan. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a food processor or blender combine half of the ricotta cheese, half of the cream cheese, half of the pumpkin and half of the milk. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Repeat with the remaining ricotta, cream cheese, pumpkin and milk.
- In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over the orange juice and let it stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over the mixture. Stir in the orange peel, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Pour mixture into the chilled crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, loosen crust from the sides of the pan and cut into wedges. If desired, you can garnish with fatfree whipped topping and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.