We keep this cold, low-fat, low calorie veggie in the refrigerator at all times during the hot Summer months. We eat it as a side dish or my favorite way - spooned on top of a green salad just before adding the dressing! NOTE: This is a versatile salad. Let your imagination run wild and create new versions from ingredients you have on hand!
My Private Note
quart a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can waxed yellow beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1Note:*** We prefer the salad without the oil; however, you may wish to add some or all of it.
- 2Rinse and drain canned veggies and place in bowl, along with the carrots and onion.
- 3Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over veggies.
- 4Refrigerate until chilled.
- 5Drain and serve.
- 6Note:*** These keep for 2-4 weeks, so feel free to double the recipe or add any of the following CANNED vegetables (washed and drained) with more marinade:*** kidney beans,corn, chili beans, navy beans, black beans, great northern beans OR the following FRESH vegetables: sliced purple onion or spring onions, red bell pepper strips, green bell pepper strips, green cabbage, finely sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dieter's Marinated Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
waxed yellow beans