Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am on the Weigh-less SA program and developed this recipe to fit into my lifestyle. Tastes good, filling and healthy. One serve with 60g of cooked quinoa or one cup of cooked pasta is 2 complex carbs, 1 fat, 2 veg and 1 protein.
- 250 g pumpkin or 250 g butternut squash, diced into 2cm cubes
- 100 g baby tomatoes, halved if they are on the large side
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 olives, sliced (I used green pimento stuffed one)
- 60 g feta cheese, drained and rinsed (I used the 30% reduced fat variety)
- salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 45 ml salad dressing (I used the reduced calorie Thousand Islands version)
- Steam pumpkin or butternut till tender. Drain and let cool a bit.
- Gently mix in all other ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Serve on a bed of quinoa or pasta from daily allowance or even some fresh bread with olive oil on the side.
- Can be served at room temperature or even microwaved to piping hot. I like mine piping hot.