Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very light and moist cake using diet soda per an idea from Weight Watchers.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet lemon-lime soda
- Combine all ingredients adding lemon-lime soda last.
- Bake in 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam and dusted w/ flour for 35-40 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- When cooled top w/ Fat-free Coolwhip w/ grated lemon peel on top.
This was different, but pretty good. It's got more of a brownie consistency than cake, but it's the sort of thing that grows on you after a bite or two. I can definitely see us making this again - perhaps with a light cream cheese frosting.