Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lowfat, healthy, affordable meal by one of my students, Holly, made for a sandwich contest.
- 3 -4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced
- low-fat mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 green olives, for garnish
- cook the bacon acording to label on package.
- while the bacon is cooking, toast the bread.
- spread the mayo/miracle whip on both slices of toast.
- Put bacon on toast.
- Put tomato on bacon, and lettuce on tomato.
- Cut sandwich in half.
- Place a toothpick with olive in each half. (optional).
Great, simple recipe and good use of turkey rashers! I decided NOT to toast my bread, as it was VERY fresh. I used the optional green olives for a garnish. I ate this sandwich with a small packet of low-fat crips for a fuller meal. Made for PAC Spring 2009 and enjoyed for my lunch today! Thanks Nimita Patel for an idea on how to use up my turkey rashers! FT:-)
great!!! this school should have more contest for making sandwiches!!!!we made lots of them for a lunch meeting