Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I LOVE the new Lipton Diet Green Tea, Citrus flavor. But I can go through a 12 pack in a HURRY. Although 50 cents a bottle doesn't seem like that much, it can REALLY add up when you drink as much of it as I like to :OOPS: I searched for a copycat recipe and found this one on the Top Secret web site. I actually haven't made this recipe, because I couldn't find the True Lime at my grocery store. I did find True Lemon with the artifical sweeteners, and have posted the recipe I made using it also, TSR Version of Lipton Diet Green Tea With Citrus by Todd Wilbur. I hope to find the True Lime at another grocery store and make this exact recipe as well! ***Recipezaar recognizes True Lemon, but not True Lime. This recipe should have True Lime Crystals instead of True Lemon crystals***
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 green tea bags (Lipton works best)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute (10 packets, this is the closest to the sweetener Lipton uses)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons True Lemon crystals (Lime, not Lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- Pour water over tea bags and steep for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and chill.
- Cooking time is steeping time.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes Unlocked" (Penguin/Putnam)
Not bad! I never thought about using an extract in something like this, a good idea for adding taste.
This is nice tasting. I don't think it comes too close to the original. The original can get very expensive. Thanks.