Recipe by Just Happy
Originally from Martha Stewart, I have altered it slightly (by omitting olive oil and using water-packed tuna) to make it lower calorie, yet still high in flavor.
- 1⁄2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- coarse sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounces tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- 4 small ciabatta rolls, split horizontally
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive, pitted (duh)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onions, vinegar and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl, add pepper to taste. Toss and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add (drained) tuna to onion mixture. Add lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt. Add more pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Cover bottom halves of rolls with lettuce. Top with olives, eggs and tuna mixture. Cover with top halves of rolls. Serve with lemon wedges.