Recipe by Annacia
Bread pudding on the skinny side. It's diabetic friendly.
Top Review by Outta Here
I love bread pudding and I am always glad to find a healthier version. This is very tasty! Just the right amount of sweetness. I used Baby Kato's recipe #341924 to make it, so it had a little extra "mocha" flavor. I will be making this again!
- 1⁄4 cup granulated Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread cubes
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (chocolate recommended!)
- fresh berries (or both, optional) (optional) or mint leaf (or both) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix granulated Splenda, cocoa and coffee granules in small bowl.
- Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Beat evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla extract in medium bowl until well blended; stir in Splenda mixture.
- Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture.
- Place dish in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill 13 x 9-inch dish with warm water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar (if desired).
- Garnish each serving with whipped topping, berries and/or mint leaves.