Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's tasty, filling, and easy to make
Make and share this Diet Friendly Beef Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles (I used whole wheat)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) carton1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (divided in half)
- 1. Cook noodles according to package instructions w/o oil.
- 2. Cook ground beef and next 3 ingredients in large non-stick skillet. Drain in colander and wipe the skillet with paper towel then return meat to skillet.
- 3. Add tomato sauce, pepper, salt (I also added oregano).
- 4. Combine the cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Stir in the meat mixture, noodles and ½ of the cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into casserole dish coated with cooking spray. At this point you can cover and chill or freeze for later.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350. Cover casserole with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- 6. Uncover and add rest of cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Yields 8 servings.
- 288 calories, 7.8 g. Fat, and 2 g. fiber (this is fiber with regular egg noodles).