Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was a depression era recipe made without eggs my grandmother and my mother made. I have changed the ingredients as my husband is lactose intolerant and cut the calories for me. The mayo replaces the fat butter used to add and the dairy is removed by using Fleischman's unsalted margarine which is parve. We are the 3rd generation to enjoy this cake! We hope you like it too!
- 4 ounces kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fleischman's unsalted is lactose free light margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup 8th continent light low-fat soymilk
- Mix all dry ingredients together except baking powder.
- Remove 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Add baking powder to larger bowl of dry ingredients.
- Blend milk, mayo and vanilla to larger amount of dry ingredients.
- Grease and flour 8 1/2 x 11 pan. Pour in batter.
- Mix margarine in to the reserved 1/2 cup dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°F.
Nice alternative recipe