Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is thicker than a regular crepe, but still an amazingly delicious substitute. Suitable for low carb or just about any diet.
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute (such as egg beaters)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix everything together. It will have lumps in it, try and get them out, but if you cannot, that's okay.
- Heat a fry pan (preferably non stick) on medium high, and add some cooking spray.
- Pour all the batter into the pan, leave it for a few seconds, then swirl it around slowly to make it nice and flat and round.
- Cook on one side until it is completely dry on top, then flip over. This is much more tender than a regular crepe, so be careful. It should be a bit brown on the bottom. Cook on the other side until it is satisfactorily brown.
- Serve with fruit or jam.
Yum, what a treat! I filled mine with strawberries and fat-free ricotta cheese, topped with sugar free maple syrup. I did add a pinch of vanilla extract and used Stevia instead of artificial sweetener. Thank you for this recpie!
It worked perfectly. It is an alsome base for burritos or wraps. Will make again!
This was quite good! This is kind of like the South Beach crepe that is on this site-I love that one as well! I cut the recipe in half but still used a full Splenda packet, used oat flour, milk for the water & added 1/4 tsp cinnamon. I spooned in some fat free cottage cheese with some cinn & Splenda for a filling & ate it topped with banana slices & sugar free syup-delicious! Thank u for sharing!