Recipe by p106_peppy
This is thicker than a regular crepe, but still an amazingly delicious substitute. Suitable for low carb or just about any diet.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Yum, what a treat! I filled mine with strawberries and fat-free ricotta cheese, topped with sugar free maple syrup. I did add a pinch of vanilla extract and used Stevia instead of artificial sweetener. Thank you for this recpie!
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute (such as egg beaters)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together. It will have lumps in it, try and get them out, but if you cannot, that's okay.
- Heat a fry pan (preferably non stick) on medium high, and add some cooking spray.
- Pour all the batter into the pan, leave it for a few seconds, then swirl it around slowly to make it nice and flat and round.
- Cook on one side until it is completely dry on top, then flip over. This is much more tender than a regular crepe, so be careful. It should be a bit brown on the bottom. Cook on the other side until it is satisfactorily brown.
- Serve with fruit or jam.