Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This muffins are delicious and great since we have our own fresh picked cranberries. They also make a good sized muffin.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 3⁄4 cup Sugar Twin
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- In large bowl, mixflours, splenda,baking powder,cinnamon,baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, lemon rind and juice.
- Stir into flour mixture, stirring just until alldry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until done.
These are nice, tasty muffins. Not heavy at all. I threw in some flax seeds and also used about double the cranberries (frozen) because I love the sour tang they give each bite. I may try these again with applesauce instead of the oil and see how they come out, sometimes applesauce changes the texture a bit. This recipe is a keeper for sure!!
Wonderful muffins, DH loved them and they don't taste lite, they are wonderful. I like, Miss Annie, used egg beaters, applesauce and extra cranberries. Yummy! Thanks for posting!
Nice flavor! I used whole wheat pastry flour for the all purpose and soy milk instead of skim. I omitted the lemon rind because I didn't have any, and used frozen cranberries. Good taste. I also used a few more cranberries then called for because I was finishing up a bag. Certainly the recipe I will come back to when I need to use up more frozen cranberries!