A friend in college gave me this recipe, if you can even call it that! Since then, I've shared it with pretty much everyone I know: friends, coworkers, family, EVERYONE! Finally, a relatively healthy alternative to chocolate cake! This cake comes out so moist and delicious! For those of you who are worried, it doesn't taste like Diet Coke - I promise!
- Preheat oven to temperature on cake mix box.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine cake mix and Diet Coke in large mixing bowl. Mix according to directions on box. (For example, my favorite brand says to mix at medium speed for 2 minutes!).
- Pour into 9x13 pan. Bake 5 minutes less than the recommended time on the box. For example, if the box says to bake a 9x13 cake for 28 minutes, bake your Diet Coke Cake for 23. Cake is done when a fork or toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cooled, frost with Cool Whip topping.
- Refrigerate leftovers. (I never have any!).