- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml strong brewed coffee
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- If you do not have any brewed coffee, dissolve 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried decaffeinated coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, coffee, and cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Stir in the cocoa and brown sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy.
- Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Use when cool or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.