Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great on the go bars especially if you are dieting. They are around 90 calories each, so have less calories than most store bought diet bars. They also taste a whole lot better, plus you know exactly what you are eating because you control the ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons Grape Nuts.
- In bowl, blend all ingredients. Roll dough into 2" by 1/2" balls.
- Press into rectangular bars. Coat bars with remaining Grape Nuts and place on nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool completely before eating.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week.