Recipe by cookin' from scratch
Muffins that are easy to grab in the morning and so diet-friendly it's disgusting. Flax also has tons of omega 3's-it's one of the few non-fish sources. ***NOTE*** Looking for a light, sweet, dessert muffin that's basically pound cake in a paper cup? Keep searching! Looking for health and weight loss? Give these a whirl.
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour (nonfat)
- 1⁄4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute (cup for cup style)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then blend together.
- Either use paper muffin liners, or spray your muffin pan with oil.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full-these will rise a little, but not excessively.
- Bake at 350 until they're done-start checking them at 25 minutes.
- Note that when you use soy flour, you generally need to bake everything longer, and avoid high temperatures.