Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A true Southern delicacy! I didn't know I even liked Pimento Cheese! This stuff is addictive... so addictive I am having a lock installed on my refrigerator (not to keep me out - but in case the neighbors find out!). I have picked at Pimento Cheese spreads at parties and potlucks but never have the desire to make my own... and then I was asked if I would make a batch for a friend...This is a cross between her mom's recipe and my creativity. Great on Celery Sticks, Crackers, Bread... even straight out of the bowl! Even picky four year olds liked it!
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vermont extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces pimientos, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash hot sauce (or more!)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Using a hand held mixer, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until creamy and combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
Try this as the filling for a grilled cheese sandwich.....or top a burger with it! Oh yeah, here in the South we know how to use some pimento cheese!
This is SOOOO yummy! Everything pimento cheese should be. Definately try this....you won't be disappointed!!
People go crazy when I make this! LOL Delicious! Tastes great with crackers and pretzels.