Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The name says it all!
- 1 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (canola)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot strong black coffee
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil a 12 cup bundt pan or coat it with non-stick cooking spray and dust the pan with flour, and shake out excess.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in hot coffee until completely incorporated -- (the batter will be quite thin).
- Pour batter in pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Test with toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients. Put cake on serving dishes and drizzle.