1/1 Photo of Died and Gone to Heaven Chocolate Cake
This is a superb chocolate cake, and has only 4 grams of fat per serving (but it's a small serving)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml hot strong black coffee
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly oil a 12-cup bundt pan or coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Dust with flour and shake out excess.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- 6Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 7Whisk in coffee until well blended.
- 8Pour into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes; remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- 11Make icing: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough of the buttermilk to make a thick but pourable icing.
- 12Set the cake on a serving plate and drizzle the icing over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Died and Gone to Heaven Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 334.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g