Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Wings Across America
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 20 trimmed and separated chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
- all-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over a high flame. Add the wings and fry for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Sprinkle flour over the wings and mix well, making sure all the flour is absorbed in the oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Splash in the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the crushed pepper, parsley, mustard, and cream. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until the sauce has lightly coated the wings. Add salt, if needed.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with crusty French Bread.