My daughter Adiya (AKA Didi) adores Cheerios. No one else is allowed to eat out of her box. God help any one of her sisters if they eat some of HER Cheerios. Since she's a picky kid and has the temper of Rosemary's Baby, we let her get away with this, better than picking a fight. Anyway... one day when she was out at a friend's house I came across this recipe in a magazine, and the urge just took over, and I broke into one of Didi's sacred boxes of Cheerios. You should have heard that kid shriek. Still, she shut up pretty quickly when I jammed one of these into her mouth. Now we each have our own box of Cheerios, and got help anyone else in the family who steals even on "O"!
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Melt margarine.
- Add marshmallows, toss to coat with the margarine.
- You can do this on the stovetop or microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Immediately add the cereal.
- Mix lightly until well coated.
- Using a greased spatula or wax paper (I put plastic baggies on my hands), press the mixture into the greased pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.