Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
These 3 combos are more informational than they are real recipes, but I still could not resist sharing them w/you. I got them from Raymond L, a friend & ex-boss from my Dallas days. The final words of his E-mail were "If you share these w/10 people & only 1 of them does not know about them, then it was worth the effort." Sharing them here w/all of you certainly increases the probabilities his comment will be true. :-) (Times do not include time for mixtures to sit or cool)
For Aching Muscles From a Bout of Flu
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 cup olive oil
For Sore Throat
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
For Fast Pain Relief
- 2 cups Quaker Oats
- 1 cup water
- For Aching Muscles From a Bout of Flu.
- Combine horseradish & olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes & then apply as a massage oil for instant relief for aching muscles.
- For Sore throat.
- Combine vinegar & honey. Take 1 tbsp 6 times a dy (The vinegar kills the bacteria!).
- For Fast Pain Relief.
- Quaker Oats are not just for breakfast any more! -- Combine Quaker Oats & water in a bowl & warm in the microwave for 1 minute. Cool slightly & apply mixture to your hands for soothing relief of arthritis pain.
- NOTE: Nutritional info is displayed for these combos, but is mostly irrelevant. This prob does not need to be said, but only the 2nd mixture is intended to be ingested. DO NOT INGEST the others. :-).
The throat remedy works really well. I am also taking an atibiotic but this really help to sooth and also feels like it is breaking up some of the congestion. The taste isnt that bad. I dont know that I would "sip" it, but it isnt bad. thank you for sharing!
I tried the sore throat remedy. It tasted strong but I really liked it! I soothed my throat. Thank you!
I have soothed my throat and Dennis' throat and everybody else's throat here on the farm. You might want stock up on extra apple cider vinegar and honey, because it calms even the worst cold. It is quite a surprise to sip 2 tablespoons of this, it is amazing in it's taste. Not harsh, but not sweet either. Enough harshness to make you feel like it made a difference, but not harsh that you would be turned off. I have to try the other two remedies, I need them. I put my little sore throat mix in a nice little bottle and set it aside some warm lemon tea. This is wonderful twissis. Your recipe has found a place right in my medicine cabinet. Thank you!!