Recipe by Kayl
An incredibly easy chocolate cake that turns out very chocolatey and moist! I got this recipe from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal Newspaper.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar or 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
Fudge Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with electric mixer. (The batter will be soupy, this is normal!).
- Pour into 13 by 9 pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cool and frost with fudge frosting!
- FROSTING: Mix sugar and cocoa together in bowl. In small pan or microwave, heat milk and butter together. Add to sugar mix. Mix until smooth, add vanilla. If too stiff, add milk. If too thin add sugar.