Recipe by wjorma
Our friend Dick has been eating Wheaties for 30 plus years and we make him this treat to take along on his hunting trips .
- 2 cups wheat flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium bananas (mashed )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon Set aside.
- In seperate large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and.
- fluffy. Add egg; beat well.
- Mix in the mashed bananas, corn flakes and nuts.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until just.
- Spread batter evenly in loaf pan (8' x 4' works well) that's.
- well greased with butter.
- Bake at 350°F 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inches.
- center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from.
- pan. Cool completely on rack.