Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from the husband of a good friend of mine, June. It is not your traditional banana loaf, but more like a fruit cake, moist and chock full of fruit and flavour!
- 8 ounces self rising flour (225g)
- 5 ounces light muscovado sugar (150g)
- 1 lb ripe banana (the gooier the better, peeled and mashed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces mixed fruit (candied cherries, raisins, sultanas, dried apricots, Dick uses more, his loaf is stogged full of fru)
- Mix all ingredients together except the driet fruit.
- Once thoroughly mixed, stir in the dried fruit.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 2 lb loaf tin, spread it out evenly and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350*F (180*C).
- The loaf is done when a skewer pushed into it's middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing. My husband loves this loaf!