Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another celebrity recipe for our collections.
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, split in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- Using a food processor fitted with a steel blade, mince onion.
- Cook onion and garlic in heavy saucepan in 1 tbsp.
- butter and olive oil until just beginning to brown.
- Discard garlic.
- Separate mushroom stems from caps.
- Mince stems and 1 cup mushrooms caps in food processor.
- Add to onions.
- Fit food processor with slicing disk.
- Carefully place remaining mushrooms in feed tube and gently push through to obtain even slices.
- Add to onions with 2 tbsps.
- butter; saute about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and chicken stock, mixing well.
- Add seasonings, lemon juice and wine, and simmer 10 minutes.
I'm sorry but Clark's soup is really bad... Tried it without changing a thing.