Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Enjoy this flavorful salad with falafel, barbecued meat, fried fish or spoon it into a pita pocket. The recipe can be found in The Arabian Nights Cookbook: From Lamb Kebabs to Baba Ghanouj, Delicious Homestyle Arabian cooking. I found the recipe in the Toronto Star.
Top Review by swissms
This wonderful salad is a nice change from other salad recipes. I made it exactly as written and we enjoyed it alongside recipe #361281. It has the perfect combination of spices and the tahini provides a nice flavor. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 2 tomatoes, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 -6 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large pinch ground cardamom and cayenne pepper