Prep 1 min
Cook 7 mins
I use this for spagetti, goulash or with just meatballs!
- 1 (14 1/2-15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (15 ounce) canitalian style spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Drain diced tomatoes slightly. Heat together with tomato or spagetti sauce in saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in seasonings and butter. Simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite spagetti, noodle or meatball recipe!
- Note: Try adding one small can of drained mushrooms with the tomatoes. Yummy!
This recipe is quite the staple at our house. I usually add in whatever extras I have in my fridge. Sometimes ground hamburger, and always extra veggies. Things like zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, carrots, onions, peppers, mushrooms. I usually let the sauce cook for a little big before I put on the pasta, to give it a little time (about 20-30 total) to cook out that canned acidic taste. It's a great way to get your veggies for the day!