Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sounds easy and tasty. From Sunset.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thin-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat oven to 450.
- Place butter in a 13x9 or 10x15 rimmed baking pan; set pan in oven until butter is melted.
- Add potatoes to pan and stir to coat with butter.
- Bake stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender when pierced (about 20 minutes).
- Add soy sauce to potatoes and stir to coat.
- Continue to bake until potatoes look dry (about 10 more minutes).
- Good served with beef roast or steak.
So few ingredients, so simple to make and so delicious: a gem of a recipe that I'll certainly make again. Obviously you need to like the taste of soy sauce. If you do, this recipe is really worth trying! I used low sodium soy sauce. Thanks for sharing this very different potato recipe, Engrossed.
Excellent little recipe. Who would have thought that just three ingredients would produce such an amazing taste. This is a keeper for sure. I loved how the potatoes were tender and crunchy at the same time. I served it with mustard and herb grilled pork chops Mustard & Herb Grilled Pork Chops and a side salad. Yum!
prepared exactly per recipe...as suggested, served with steak (steak roquefort recipe #1008722), a perfect match...the extra sauce from the steak matched well with the potatoes.. this recipe is easy and great.