1/2 Photos of Diced Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
2 hrs 50 mins
Fresh tasting and colorful. Double or triple this recipe to bring to your next family picnic or potluck. Best made 2-3 hours in advance. Cooking time includes refrigeration time. Makes a delicious side to grilled chicken or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb eggplant (firm)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies, canned, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, diced, seeded
- pepper, to taste
- 1Peel eggplant and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Sprinkle liberally with 2 tsp salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 3Soak and rinse salted eggplant well, drain, and pat dry.(I soak at least twice in fresh, cold water to remove excess salt).
- 4Saute diced eggplant over medium-low to medium heat in 2 tbsp olive oil until tender.
- 5Set aside to cool.
- 6Mash garlic with 1/2 tsp salt to make a paste.
- 7Combine garlic paste, chiles, green pepper, parsley, and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- 8Add cooled eggplant, lime juice, and pepper.
- 9Stir gently to mix.
- 10Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diced Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g