Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a simple Thai dish to be served with steamed white rice. In Thai, it is called Larb Kai Bai Horapa. For better flavour, use fresh Thai basil (either horapa or manglak) instead of the regular sweet basil, although the latter can be substituted. Try it, it tastes great and is very simple and quick to prepare.
- 500 g boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon green bird's eye chili, lightly bruised
- 1 cup Thai basil or 1 cup sweet basil, coarsely torn
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Cut the meat into 1cm (1/2 in) cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok/ saucepan.
- Stir fry the chicken over moderate to high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the chillies and basil, and continue to stir fry it for another minute.
- Add Thai fish sauce, stir well and serve immediately.