Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from The Barbecue Bible.
Make and share this Dibi (Senegalese Grilled Lamb With Onion-Mustard Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml grainy French mustard
- 44.37-59.16 ml water
- 2.46 ml sugar (optional)
- Preheat grill to high.
- Brush 1 tablespoon oil lightly over lamb on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup oil, onion and mustard in a small, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Use water to thin mixture to sauce consistency.
- Add sugar if sauce is too tart.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Oil grill grate.
- Grill chops to desired degree of doneness, turning with tongs, 6-8 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer chops to plate and spoon sauce on top.
My boys and I love lamb and this was wonderful! Placed the chops on the grill, grill to medium and poured the onion sauce over. Splendid! Made for ZWT7.