From Cuisine at Home December 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup prosciutto, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- salt, to taste
- 1Saute prosciutto in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add onion and bell pepper, saute 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomato paste and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- 4Deglaze with wine, reduce until nearly evaporated.
- 5Add remaining ingredients (except salt).
- 6Bring to a boil and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and keep warm until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diavolo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar