Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cuisine at Home December 2007
- 1⁄4 cup prosciutto, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- salt, to taste
- Saute prosciutto in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper, saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, reduce until nearly evaporated.
- Add remaining ingredients (except salt).
- Bring to a boil and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and keep warm until ready to serve.
This is easy and tasty. Very good over steamed zucchini.