Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Nine Dragons Restaurant located in the China Pavilion at EPCOT.
Make and share this Diao Yu Tai (Cucumber Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 kirby cucumbers, about 4 to 5 inches long
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 4 dried red peppers (Sichuan or Thai)
- 236.59 ml white vinegar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- Thoroughly wash unpeeled cucumbers and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Toss cucumbers with salt in a colander. Place colander over bowl and let stand 20 minutes. Drain cucumbers and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-low heat. Add peppers and stir fry until pepper darkens to deeper red, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar; bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture over drained cucumbers in a medium glass bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.