Recipe by Chef Dian
This is my Go-To salad for caters and potlucks. In the time is takes to cook the pasta, you can have the rest of the ingredients assembled. The peas go in frozen to help cool the salad immediatly. You can use real crab meat or Surimi Imitation Crab found in the freezer section or seafood section (Costco) of a well stocked market. It's great with fresh cooked salad shrimp also. I use Lighthouse Brand Garden Ranch because it has bits of carrot and green onion & looks and tastes great. Cajun seasoning can be an aquired taste so feel fee to adjust the seasoning or leave it out for a more kid friendly salad. This is one of my most requested recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb pasta, my favorite for this salad is bow tie but any pasta will do
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb frozen baby peas (keep them frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 cups ranch dressing (I use Lighthouse Garden Ranch)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While the pasta is cooking combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse the pasta under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- Add the rinsed pasta and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers if you have any!