Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Go-To salad for caters and potlucks. In the time is takes to cook the pasta, you can have the rest of the ingredients assembled. The peas go in frozen to help cool the salad immediatly. You can use real crab meat or Surimi Imitation Crab found in the freezer section or seafood section (Costco) of a well stocked market. It's great with fresh cooked salad shrimp also. I use Lighthouse Brand Garden Ranch because it has bits of carrot and green onion & looks and tastes great. Cajun seasoning can be an aquired taste so feel fee to adjust the seasoning or leave it out for a more kid friendly salad. This is one of my most requested recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb pasta, my favorite for this salad is bow tie but any pasta will do
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb frozen baby peas (keep them frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 cups ranch dressing (I use Lighthouse Garden Ranch)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While the pasta is cooking combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse the pasta under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- Add the rinsed pasta and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers if you have any!
Excellent cold delicious and a taste of Norleans grin
1/2 recipe. Used ruffles pasta, Hidden Valley ranch dressing, canned tuna, and canned peas (thought I had frozen - didn't - not a good substitution). Used #186029 for the cajun seasoning. Nobody likes peppers so I left them out but would have added nice color. Very tasty.
We enjoyed this as a main dish for lunch. I found the amount of crab to be generous and liked the flavors together. The salad was colorful too. I added half of the dressing before chilling & then at serving time added just enough to moisten things so was able to cut back. Made for PAC Fall 09.