Recipe by SwtLittleLdy
I like this recipe because it's very easy to make and so far, everyone I've served it to has loved it too.
Lemon Pie Filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 kebbler's shortbread pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- (Bake the pie crust as shown on underside of label).
- In mixing bowl, cream together:.
- 8 oz. cream cheese.
- and 1/2 Cup powdered sugar.
- Note* you may thin out with lemon juice for a more spreadable consistency.
- This mixture will go in the bottom of the pie crust before the lemon filling.
- In a double boiler:.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together.
- Add the two Cups of water.
- Combine egg yolks and lemon juice and beat until well mixed.
- Add to the sugar mixture.
- Cook over boiling water until thick.
- At least 25 to 30 minutes. This will eliminate the starchy taste.
- Add the lemon extract, butter, and vinegar. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour into the nine-inch pie shell and let cool.