Recipe by Pianolady
This is the most incredible cranberry sauce -- and the one that goes on the table at our house every Thanksgiving. Very easy to do, very different, very delicious -- and I hope you enjoy it! Cooling time not included in preparation time.
Top Review by erinc08411
Me and my family absolutely loved this recipe on Thanksgiving this year! The only thing I changed was that I left out the crushed pineapple (did not have any). This dish was such a nice refreshing alternative to our normal cranberry recipe - Yum!
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, peeled,seeded,and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- ground cinnamon, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cranberries and set aside.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Add cranberries, oranges and cloves.
- Simmer over a high flame, stirring frequently, until berries pop open.
- Add crushed pineapple, walnuts and cinnamon, and blend.
- Cool and serve.