Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
There are many good ways to prepare Cornish Game Hens. This one is very easy and delicious. Serve with rice pilaf.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 baking hens
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brush hens with melted butter.
- Roast in open shallow pan on rack for 50 minutes brushing 3-4 times with butter.
- Mix honey, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Increase oven to 400.
- Brush with honey glaze for and bake an additional 10 minutes.
My husband, a very good cook himself and honest when I try new things, loved these! I used Dijon Mustard instead of the coarse grain mustard. It was a wonderful meal that was easy to make when I served it with rice pilaf (#18597) and garden canned green beans!
I made this recipe tonight for dinner since it was just my husband and me and we like trying new recipes. He just loved them (and so did I!) We're not big meat eaters so I just made one hen for the two of us and the recipe is very easy to halve.
I made these for a bridal shower and everyone loved them! You can quarter these little guys if you are having something like a shower where there is lots of other food being served. I added a little fruit juice per my mom's suggestion.