HABERNEROS NOT OPTIONAL FOR THIS RECIPE Ok, Ok, So I love cheese. (and I hate breadcrumbs) When I was poor and could only afford pasta - I couldn't have red sauce because it burn my tummy too much. So I experimented with alternative sauces. Most of them involved cheese. :-) ************ NO BREADCRUMBS PLEASE************ This is a breadcrumb-free recipe. If you feel the need to use bread-crumbs.... for your own safety,please find another recipe - as the secret combination of cheese is rigged to explode and destroy an oven if bread-crumbs are placed on top of it. (sort of like that ammonia-bleach combination. bad. don't do it)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour (I always or only use 'Bob's Red Mill Soy Flour' to significantly cut the carbs and boost protein.)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml cayenne (optional for THIS recipe, sometimes I'll add it anyway just for the metbolism boost, more than for f)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese (or Sonoma Jack)
- 118.29 ml mozzerrella cheese
- 118.29 ml muenster cheese
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese
- 59.14 ml hot sauce
- 236.59 ml chopped habanero pepper
- 1Part 1:.
- 2Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 3Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- 4Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- 5Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted. Add Habeneros & hot sauce and stir until all blended.
- 8******* STOP HERE for MAXUMUM CHEESY GOODNESS********.
- 9or, continue for the more "traditional" finish - remember NO BREADCRUMBS.
- 10Part 2:.
- 11Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole.
- 12Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 13Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dianne's 4 Cheese Mac & Cheese Smokin Hot
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1518.7
- Calories from Fat 950
- Total Fat 105.6 g
- Saturated Fat 65.7 g
- Cholesterol 319.7 mg
- Sodium 5540.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 75.8 g