Recipe by BBCFan
HABERNEROS NOT OPTIONAL FOR THIS RECIPE Ok, Ok, So I love cheese. (and I hate breadcrumbs) When I was poor and could only afford pasta - I couldn't have red sauce because it burn my tummy too much. So I experimented with alternative sauces. Most of them involved cheese. :-) ************ NO BREADCRUMBS PLEASE************ This is a breadcrumb-free recipe. If you feel the need to use bread-crumbs.... for your own safety,please find another recipe - as the secret combination of cheese is rigged to explode and destroy an oven if bread-crumbs are placed on top of it. (sort of like that ammonia-bleach combination. bad. don't do it)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour (I always or only use 'Bob's Red Mill Soy Flour' to significantly cut the carbs and boost protein.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional for THIS recipe, sometimes I'll add it anyway just for the metbolism boost, more than for f)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (or Sonoma Jack)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzerrella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup muenster cheese
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup chopped habanero pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Part 1:.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted. Add Habeneros & hot sauce and stir until all blended.
- ******* STOP HERE for MAXUMUM CHEESY GOODNESS********.
- or, continue for the more "traditional" finish - remember NO BREADCRUMBS.
- Part 2:.
- Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.