Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicate and tender pancakes that hold together and do not fall apart.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 -2 cup water, to desired consistency
- Beat egg in a medium sized bowl.
- add all dry ingredients.
- To dry ingredients, add yogurt, oil, and water a little at a time.
- add the water while whisking to desired consistency. I like my batter a little thin. Once I get to desired consistency, I let it sit a few minutes. It will continue to thicken for a few minutes. Whisk again and recheck consistency. Add additional water if desired. Since this is a thinner batter, they will spread when poured onto the hot griddle or pan. Pour appropriate amount to get desired size pancake. It may take a cake or two to get the feel for it.
- Cook on medium-high heat on a preheated griddle or pan, turning when bubbles are mostly popped, and underside is golden. Since batter is thinner than typical batters, it is easy to burn. Adjust heat accordingly.
- I use butter or bacon grease to oil my pan.