This is not a recipe I have tried, but comes from Diane Deiber from Santa Cruz, California. I would be tempted to cook it longer, but I am not an experienced crock pot user.
- 8 lbs coarse ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped fine
- 3 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) bottles chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 (1 ounce) can chile salsa
- 1 teaspoon hot green chili pepper (canned, diced)
- garlic salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Brown ground beef in frying pan; pour off extra fat.
- Put browned meat in bottom of crock pot; add chopped vegetables then all other ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
A chili with great flavor. I used mild green chilies and two minced cloves of garlic. I also added more salsa to give the chili a little more boost.
mmm really good crockpot chili! I was out of tomato sauce, so I used an extra can of stewed tomatoes and used a 3/4 of jar of hot salsa. Turned out delicious and extra hot! but sooo good! Thanks Lennie, for a good one!! I'll be making this one again, served it in hollowed out hamburger buns, kina like a Chili sloppy joe! Forgot to say I did cook it longer about 6 hours.
This was very good,we really enjoyed it.Will make it again.Didn,t use the chillies.