Recipe by dianegrapegrower
A lighter coleslaw, with less mayo than many - The cilantro variation goes well with Mexican or Thai foods.
Top Review by I'mPat
Oh this packs a punch and the 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed (I scaled back to 3 serves), I used my own coleslaw mix (1 oz grated carrot, 2 oz each of shredded green and red cabbage and for the onion I used sweet red shallots. I did not use the cilantro as we don't care for it but did use dill and upon tasting felt it was a little too tarty so added about 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and for us it was perfect. I made up the dressing separately and added it to the cabbage mix and refrigerated for a couple of hours before serving to allow the flavours to meld (this disadvantage of this is that the red cabbage tends to bleed). Thank you dianegrapegrower, made for I Recommend (by Boomette).
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch dried dill weed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 16 ounces cabbage coleslaw blend